KAREN NIKGOL with BORN FOR BURNING
2. Nothing is sacred and nothing is pure, so the revelation of death is our cure.
3. Calcination, Cibation, Solution or Dissolution, Sublimation, Separation, Fermentation, Conjunction, Exaltation, Putrefaction, Multiplication, Congelation, Projection.
4. The rise and fall of the last great empire, the sound of the whole world caught on fire.
5. Because as life must live, death must die, and the tears shall fall from the living eye.
6. Like Hercules your body is strong, but your mind is like the Devil your ideals are wrong.
7. Ashes to ashes and dust to dust, where the good die young is all thy must.
8. I recognize in thieves, traitors and murderers, in the ruthless and the cunning, a deep beauty – a sunken beauty.
9. The Saw is The Law.
10. Ghetto Justice:You search for justice and what do you find, you find just us on the unemployment line, you find just us sweating from dawn to dusk, there’s no justice, it’s, huh, just us.
AKTION is the first installment of a series performances, publications and events where the painter and curator Karen Nikgol has invited several artists, writers, dancers and photographers to collectively realize and investigate themes of crime, sexuality and extremism, eventually leading up to the stage production GHETTO JUSTICE.
Born for Burning is a Oslo based photo collective. Their work is based around producing photozines, merch and techno parties, always infused by industrialism and nihilism, combining innocence and brutality.
KNIPSU is an artist run gallery for contemporary art in Bergen.
Update:Watch the full performance below.